Friday, November 21, 2008

Surgery...Again!

Yes, another surgery. My pump that is implanted in my abdomen, delivering Dilaudid directly into my spine, has started to move. The sutures that attach the pump to the lining of my muscle have loosened, which is what is allowing the pump to move out of place. It's literally jutting out of my side by about 1"-2" and comes to a rounded point - very painful.

On December 1st the surgeon and his team will go in and reattach the pump to the lining with more stitches through the same incision as the last surgery. It will take about an hour and will be done under local anesthesia so I can go home that day.

It's a good thing I'll be able to go home that day because Nathan leaves the next day, December 2nd, for two weeks to visit his family and friends in Louisiana. He returns on the 16th.

This past Tuesday we had our first flurries of snow and today we received some more snow. We may get enough tonight to actually leave a coat on the ground till morning.

That's it for now. I'll keep this updated as my surgery approaches and afterwards as well.

No comments: