Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Medical Update

In the near future I will write a post about my struggle with Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome and Dysautonomia, but for today I simply want to let you know how today's doctor appointment went.

I saw Dr. Frease, my Pain Management doctor who has rescued me from a life of excruciating pain by having a MedTronic pump implanted in my abdomen that delivers Dilaudid (synthetic morphine) directly into my spinal fluid. Unfortunately the pump has begun jutting out of my side and need to be "re-tied" so it stays in place and no longer annoys me or causes me pain. This means another surgery, but a minor, one day surgery.

In the meantime, Dr. Frease will continue to increase the amount of pain medicine going into my system. Right now I have no pain while resting or remaining inactive, but when I am active in anyway I can come down with an excruciating headache and joint pain. The increases should prevent the pain caused by being active.

On a side note, we received the results of our cat's blood work. The vet said his blood work came back amazingly well for a 13 year old cat and he is in great health! Wonderful news!

I'll try to post more often.

1 comment:

Brook said...

Sorry to hear you need another surgery. Do you know the date?

Love you chicky!
-Brook

p.s. Glad to hear Willy's doing well.