Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving Double Whammy

I hope everyone had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Nathan and I enjoyed a relaxed day together at home with a full Thanksgiving spread (precooked by a grocery store - hehehe). It was a great day for me because any day I can spend with Nathan is a wonderful one!

Unfortunately, before Thanksgiving I was notified that my Uncle Wally passed away in his home. I have so many wonderful childhood memories of this man who always had popsicles and M&Ms for all the kids.

If that wasn't enough, today I received a phone call from my Mom telling me that my cousin Matt passed away yesterday. Again, my mind is full of wonderful memories of this amazingly strong person. He had a much rarer type of Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome that affects the vascular system and this is what took his life.

Although my pain is under control, I'm still not healthy enough to travel for either of the funerals. It breaks my heart because both men were very important people in my life.

Again, Happy Thanksgiving! Wishing you all the best!

No comments: